Sunday, June 6, 2010

Doctor Appointment- Week 18

On Thursday we went to the doctor for my monthly check-up. Unfortunately, my doctor was on call and we had to wait 80 minutes to see her because she was busy delivering babies. Fortunately, I have warned John that the wait time in the ob-gyn office can be ridiculous so he brought a book to keep him entertained. Once I finally saw the doctor everything looked good and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. He was moving around a lot while we were listening on the doppler. After we saw the doctor I had to get blood drawn to screen to see if the baby is at an increased risk of birth defects. I was really proud of myself because I didn't pass out or get dizzy at all!! We should know in a week if there is anything to be concerned about from the screening. I go back to the doctor on July 1st for my second trimester ultrasound and another checkup.

PS- I will soon force John to give me more administrative power on this blog so hopefully soon it will no longer be the most boring black/white blog format ever.

1 comment:

  1. I really dislike having to read the white on black...it hurts my eyes. so yes please change it!

    ReplyDelete