Saturday, December 14, 2013

Charlie is ONE!

Charlie turned one on Tuesday!  He started walking last weekend, and now is he pretty much walking everywhere.  He seems to really like the fact that he now has two hands to carry toys around the house.  He does still crawl occasionally because he hasn't mastered standing up on his own yet, so when he falls he has to crawl to the nearest wall or piece of furniture to stand back up. 

We had a small party for Charlie last Saturday (my birthday).  Snow kept half the guest list away, but my grandparents and John's parents made it for the celebration.  I made tacos for lunch and they were a big hit with both Will and Charlie.  Charlie devoured his cupcake.  Will, of course, only ate the icing off of his.    Charlie opened some gifts (Will was sure to help) and showed off his new walking skills.

On Charlie's actual birthday we gave him our presents (a Little People car mat and a Ferry Boat bath toy) and had cake after dinner.  Charlie (and Will) have enjoyed playing with all his new toys!  I'm already thinking of how I need to rearrange the basement once we add in new Christmas toys!

Charlie and Will go in on Wednesday for their 1 yr old and 3 yr old checkups, so I'll update Charlie's 1 year old stats then.



No comments:

Post a Comment