Last fall we had our
family pictures taken at a neat historic site on the south side of town. The site has an antebellum mansion which was completed in 1848 by Joseph Bryan, a grandnephew of Daniel Boone. While I'm not up for touring a furnished mansion solo with a toddler, the grounds are also really neat and I knew I wanted to go back. Will and I finally made it back today. Will had a great time. We stopped at the playground on our way to and from the car because Will can't pass up a chance to swing. We also had a great time walking along the wooded path where Will splashed in the creek, walked over three different bridges, played with sticks, and threw rocks. The grounds also have a miniature cabin that is just Will's size, so he had fun going in and out of the door and saying "boo" at the window.
Here are some pictures from my phone. Wish I had taken my good camera!
 |
| Off and running! |
 |
| Sticks are so great. |
 |
| A stick and a small bridge to cross repeatedly? Awesome! |
 |
| Boo! |
 |
| Time to lock up the cabin and hit the trail! |
No comments:
Post a Comment