I don't really know if its possible to blame this mishap on being pregnant, but that's my excuse.
So... I went to Meijer today and bought groceries for the week. For whatever reasons we were out of lots of staples this week and I had a ton of groceries. As I loaded them in the car I placed my keys, wallet, and my cell phone on top of one of the bags in the trunk of my car (mistake #1). As I jammed the last bag into the trunk I instinctively slammed the trunk closed... and immediately thought CRAP! My car was locked with my keys, phone, wallet, and $150 of groceries in the trunk.
As I walked back into Meijer I thought through the phone numbers I knew from memory and realized John's cell and our home phone were my only options since the only other numbers I knew were my parents in Indiana who wouldn't be much help.
I headed to Customer Service, explained my stupidity, and asked to use the phone. The lady there said their phones didn't dial out. She acted like no phones in the store had outside lines. Thankfully she took pity on me and said that her daughter also worked there and had a cell phone I could use. So she paged her daughter and then instructed the daughter to let me use her phone. I'm not sure the daughter was too pleased with this, but she let me use the phone anyway.
So first I called John's cell... and he doesn't answer. I leave him a message telling him that I was stuck at Meijer and where to find the spare key to my car. I figured sooner or later (but possibly much, much later) he would wonder what was taking me so long and try to call me at which point he would see he had a message. Then I called the house phone and thankfully he answered, found the key, and came to rescue me and the groceries. I was very thankful not to be stuck at Meijer for hours or be forced to walk home in the heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment