Will is eating rice cereal twice a day. Feeding him can be a challenge because he insists on trying to feed himself. Usually after I feed him 1-2 spoonfuls of cereal he grabs the spoon and keeps it in his mouth to chew on it. Sometimes I can convince him to let me have the spoon to refill it, other times I just start using another spoon. If I force the spoon out of his mouth he often gets mad. Will has learned that the spoon goes in his mouth, we just need to work on realizing the spoon can't stay in his mouth all the time! Will also wants to grab the bowl and had dropped it on the floor a few times. Thankfully, Baxter likes rice cereal just fine and is happy to lick it off the floor and wall. If half of the cereal makes it into Will's stomach I consider the feeding a success. Here are some photos of recent feedings!
 |
| "I can do this all by myself!" |
 |
| "Don't forget the cereal on the wall, Baxter!" |
 |
| "I'll handle clean up too!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment